GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
DEPARTMENT OF MINES AND GEOLOGY::PRAKASAM DISTRICT
- Mines and Geology Department is performing the following duties for Regulation and Preservation of Mineral Wealth in Prakasam District
- Processing of applications received for grant of Minerals Concessions.
- Periodical inspections of Mines and Quarries.
- Control and arrest of illicit quarrying / mining and transportation of Minerals.
- Investigation of Mineral bearing areas as allotted by Head Office from time to time.
- Issue of permits for transportation of Minerals by collecting the Royalty/Seigniorage fee in advance
- Tendering advice to the entrepreneurs.
- Inspection of Mineral Based Industries and stock points.
- Inspection of Major Civil Constructions.
- Mining Leases and Quarry Leases
- Mineral Based Industries
There are 08 Mining Leases and 535 Quarry Leases in the District. The District is endowed with Minerals like Silica Sand, Barytes, Slate Stone, Shale, Haematite, White Clay, Quartz, Granite, Marble, Road Metal, Building Stone and Gravel etc. Vast deposits of Granites and Slates are available in the District. The world famous Black Galaxy Granite is being exploited from Chimakurthy, R.L.Puram and Budawada. Further most of the minerals produced in the District are being exported to other countries and States. There is a good demand for Black Galaxy, Slate Stone, Black Pearl and Steel Gray Granites in Foreign Countries. There is a good demand for Silica Sand, Slate and Quartz in the Industries.
|SI.No||Name of the Major Mineral||No. of Mining Leases in force upto 31-03-2018|
|SI.No||Name of the Minor Mineral||No. of Quarry Leases in force upto 31-03-2018|
|1||Black Galaxy Granite||159|
|10||Shale and White Clay||01|
There are about 1080 Granite cutting and polishing units in and around Ballikurava, Martur, Gundlapalli, Santhanuthalapadu, Ongole, Budawada, Veluru where in Black Galaxy Granite and Colour Granite are being cut and polished. Apart from the above, there are 112 stone crusher units, 15 Silica Sand processing units, 10 Slate Cutting and polishing units, and 04 Quartz stock points are also available in Prakasam District. There is further scope for establishment of Granite cutting and polishing units basing on the granite deposits available in the District.
|Sl.no||Year||Revenue Target Rs. in lakhs)||Revenue Achievement (Rs. in lakhs)||% of Achievement|
Assistant Director of
Mines and Geology, Ongole.